[pure-silver] Re: Adding Pot Bromife to PC-TEA

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, sanking@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 19:09:26 -0500 (EST)

From: Sandy King <sanking@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Adding Pot Bromife to PC-TEA
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 18:05:56 -0500

> One could also take other steps to lower the alkalinity of the
> working solution, but that would be a lot more complicated than
> simply adding bromide or benzotriazole, and to what purpose? Would
> this give negatives of finer grain, more effective emulsion speed or
> more acutance?

Triethanolamine is one of my favorite buffers but it works very well
between pH of 7.5 and 8.1. John Black said that the pH of Gainer's
developer is above 9 and this is practically unbuffered. It is a very
unwise strategy to use triethanolamine if target pH is above 9.
--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."