[pure-silver] Re: Adding Pot Bromife to PC-TEA

  • From: "John Black" <jblack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 13:14:42 -0500

> One of the reasons I started using a mixture of TEA and propylene glycol
for the
> developer is that it allows me to control the amount of TEA and hence the
pH of
> the working solution and still have a waterless concentrate.  One can
achieve a
> lower pH than for Gainer's formula by adjusting the ratio of glycol to
TEA.

This is certianly possible.  It still bothers me though, that the resulting
pH is still probably higher than my self imposed limit of 8.3 and,
theoretically, the TEA will not really act like a buffer without a mild acid
to ballance it.

I will try and find time to check the pH of PC/TEA at various dilutions this
weekend.

JB