[pure-silver] Re: Adding Pot Bromife to PC-TEA

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 15:13:59 -0500 (EST)

From: "John Black" <jblack@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Adding Pot Bromife to PC-TEA
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 13:01:58 -0500

> If you dilute the PC/TEA in water that has 5/5 (gm/L) sulfite/boric
> acid, the pH come down and the fog disappears.

If you are willing to do that, this is a different way that works
entirely with aquaous system.

Ascorbate solution in presence of salicylate keeps MUCH better at pH
10 than pH 8. So you can make a concentrate of ascorbate, salicylate,
Dimezone S, sulfite, and suitable alkaline agent(s) to make pH of
10. When using, you can dilute this with water, and add a separate
solution of boric acid, whose proportion is adjusted so that the
resulting pH falls in your desired range. The buffering agent for the
final target pH may be present in any part or diluting water.

One benefit of doing this is that, you can dilute the stock solution
with water alone (no boric acid) to make DS-12 like accutance developer.

I used to experiment this before, but these days I just accumulate
films and mix a batch of fresh solution each time... It's more fun to
print than develop films...

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."