[pure-silver] Re: DS-14 Concentrate ?'s

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, C.Breukel@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 15:01:01 -0500 (EST)

From: "Breukel, C. (HKG)" <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: DS-14 Concentrate ?'s
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:34:13 +0100

> I am a happy user of DS-14 print devloper, the way I approach it is
> that I mixed it at working strength, filled a brown glass bottle to
> the top. After working with it (until now in trays, in the future I
> will use a Nova, so it can stay there) I pour it back (it foams a
> bit) and top of with fresh DS-14 R (the replenish version, without
> KBr). This bottle is still going stong since august, very handy if
> you do relative short and infrequent printing sessions, and again a
> THANK YOU to Ryuji for freely sharing his frmulea!

Cor, you also tried the previous generation print developer using
trisodium phosphate (DS-9). As I recall, you had some minor problem
with the open tray life of that developer after a few days. What is
your experience about the difference in the tray life, shelf life, and
other aspects of DS-14 compared to DS-9?

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."