[pure-silver] Re: DS-14 Concentrate ?'s

  • From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:12:20 -0500

Yes, for example, the presence of the sodium sulfite should decrease the total
amount of sodium carbonate which can dissolve.  Potassium carbonate is much more
soluble than the sodium salt but also more expensive.  Potassium salts are used
when highly concentrated photographic solutions are desired such as Rodinal.
Some concentrated paper developers use a mixture of sodium carbonate and sodium
hydroxide.  You would have to experiment to find the right amounts; but the
resulting product really wouldn't be DS-14 any more.