[pure-silver] Re: Adding Pot Bromife to PC-TEA

  • From: "Gene Johnson" <genej2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:27:42 -0800

I love Rodinal.  But the Gainer's formulae do not produce Rodinal-like negs.
Much more like Xtol.  The base fog has just not been an issue for me, just
printed through it, but now that it's gone (added KBr), my negs print
faster, which is nice. Grain has always been very fine if I don't push.  All
subjective, yada, yada not experimentally proven, yada, yada, but I'm not
using it because it sucks.  I'm not that easily pleased either.

The thing that really sets this last generation with the glycol or TEA based
concentrates apart is the long life and ease of use.  PC TEA is like using
Rodinal and getting Xtol results.

I really liked DS-2 also.  I used it for quite a while.  This is just
easier.