[pure-silver] Re: Adding Pot Bromife to PC-TEA

  • From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 15:59:04 -0500

I made up a similar TEA developer last night and found that it is just barely
possible to get 0.2 g KBr to dissolve in 100 ml of hot TEA.  The operative words
here a "just barely".  It takes a lot of stirring.  I suggest grinding up the
potassium bromide before attempting to dissolve it.

You could heat up the premade developer and then add the bromide.  It will
dissolve after a lot of stirring. You could also make up a solution of 0.2 g of
KBr in 100 ml of water and then when you are making up a working solution of
developer just add an amount equal to the amount of PC-TEA concentrate required.

BTW, data on ammonium bromide seems to indicate that it would be easier to
dissolve than the potassium salt.  I have not tried this out as yet.

Jerry