[pure-silver] Re: Adding Pot Bromife to PC-TEA

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 16:24:41 -0500 (EST)

From: Jordan Wosnick <jwosnick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Adding Pot Bromife to PC-TEA
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 15:45:37 -0500

> The importance lies in the fact that ascorbate oxidizes more
> quickly that ascorbic acid. This can affect keeping properties.

Well, I'm not convinced about that explanation, if it is meant as the
reason why the glycol based stocks last longer. It is a viable
hypothesis, but another one may be that the redox catalysts are
inactivated or poisoned by these solvents. I know the rate of aerial
oxidation of ascorbate is very low in absence of redox catalysts.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."