Re: Is linex better than Windows? was Re: JFW keymap like orca keymap?

  • From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind programming <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 09:54:59 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, Nimer Jaber wrote:

There is a GUI tool, but the only way to use it is to make your account root somehow, which still doesn't work for me with the instructions provided by the website.

I'll have another look later when I get a chance... You could always try the mailing list though.

I hope Harding will fix this. I may switch over if it fixes some of these

Its "hardy" and probably not, its an orca bug not a ubuntu one... Perhaps submit a bug report?

problems. However, I like being able to press enter on a set up file and press next instead of getting proper libraries and stuff.

Occasionally if you are into the latest and best stuff you must do that otherwise you can use dpkg and apt.
Don't tell me windows files are better than deb packages...
Deb is far better...

Cheers

--
Daniel Dalton