Re: Is linex better than Windows? was Re: JFW keymap like orca keymap?

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:44:38 +0300

From: "Daniel Dalton" <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Yes, I was just saying... Its not too hard for us though.

If somebody tries to sell you a new car and he tells you that car "is not too bad", what do you think? I would like to have the best car at least in some aspects, and not just one that is not too bad.

I am? Or I just don't like putting money in people's pockets who don't deserve it?

If the cost is the reason you don't want to use Windows, it is ok, but why don't you say so? Why do you try to pretend that there are other reasons, like the "big advantages" of Linux?

Well it is already good and lots of blind users are using it.

Yes, maybe. But those "lots" are extremely fewer than Windows users. Don't you agree?

One you must pay for one you must not.

Sometimes you need to pay for the good things. :-)

One is open source one is not.

So? Why should I care that Linux is open source?

One has lots of documentation one does not.

Maybe the one you say that doesn't have lots of documentations don't need documentation because it is very easy to use. On this list there are many Windows users. How many of us do you think we needed to read Windows books for beeing able to use Windows well?

Octavian