Re: Is linex better than Windows? was Re: JFW keymap like orca keymap?

  • From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:25:09 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

If you don't need some tools offered by Windows it doesn't mean that others don't need them.

Sure

But I still can't understand how you can say that Linux is better, even if Windows has great programs for some tasks, while you said that Linux has only basic apps.

When did I say that?

Oh yes, Linux is much better for some things, as I said, for running servers, or using command line tools, but not for the desktop apps.

Not graphical maybe although that is still quite good, but you can still do daily tasks and your own tasks fine...

Even the way some Linux users write the email messages on this list, writing the answer after the original message and making it less usable than top-posting show us that Linux is not very good especially for the blind users.

Oh wait a minute, you did that a few times, windows users can do that, it is the correct way of posting, so why bring that up about linux?
Look at the brltty developers, they all quote, and that is the best way...
What is hard about skipping passed quoted text? Then you have it there to refer to as well...

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>