Re: Is linex better than Windows? was Re: JFW keymap like orca keymap?

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 08:45:01 +0300

If you don't need some tools offered by Windows it doesn't mean that others don't need them. But I still can't understand how you can say that Linux is better, even if Windows has great programs for some tasks, while you said that Linux has only basic apps.

Oh yes, Linux is much better for some things, as I said, for running servers, or using command line tools, but not for the desktop apps.

Even the way some Linux users write the email messages on this list, writing the answer after the original message and making it less usable than top-posting show us that Linux is not very good especially for the blind users.

Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Dalton" <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>