Re: Is linex better than Windows? was Re: JFW keymap like orca keymap?

  • From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:32:58 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

I answered in the body of your messages because there were many separate ideas to answer to, but I've seen many messages from you with a single idea,

So that's ok now?

enclosed in the body of the message.

Why can't I do that? That's why I quote not place it at the bottom.
I remove unrelated stuff...
It easy quicker to answer and if you read it properly quicker to read...

That "correct" way is considered "correct" by Linux users, because they all use mail clients that make this easier, however not the Linux users are the majority... especially the blind users.

I'm blind, and used windows and I used to quote...
Using thunderbird which is cross platform.
You have to admit the windows mail clients aren't the best.
Just look at your reply header...

And if you want to see where you said that Linux offers basic apps for some things, just search the messages you sent, and you will find that. (I guess

No time. Sorry.
If I said it, I meant that linux offers applications to do tasks that windows can do for me... And if you look hard enough you will probably find apps for what you want...
Do you know how to use the search function in your package manager?
Do you know how to use grep, | more | less and redirrection?

your mail client can do that, right?)

No, it can only search for subject or sender's name, but I could just grep it if I like...
grep 'basic apps' -i -n sentfile
I think that is the right switch for ignore case...

Actually my mail reader can look for a +N or just a + sign to help me find messages directly sent to me, and it can probably also do date and search for unread or replied messages... You just do a word search in the message index and whatever info it shows about the message you can search for basically.
To view the  info (to search) inside a message you should use grep...

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>