Re: [PCWorks] Should I re-install Windows XP?

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:35:41 -0500

> It's likely that some illiterate tech support guy
> got a promotion to Management, and now he
> makes believe he understands the surveys.

That's hilarious......and probably true.

> Clint, do you really think that a homeless tech
> support guy from the US could do a better job
> than a homeless tech support [guy] from Punjabi?
:-)

ROTFLMAO!  That's (from) Punjab speaking Punjabi, LOL.  I don't
know, but at least it would an American that got the work!  But
in your case, if one is calling from Israel, then they should
not only have people than can easily speak and comprehend
English, but Hebrew as well.  (And you can transpose
"homeless American vets" to "homeless Israeli vets" in your
case ;-), and they'd be getting the work.  FAIK you don't have
that kind of problem over there, it's bad here).  Anyway, the
point is not who can do a better job, the point is giving the
work to the deserving ***indigenous*** people that need it, and
indigenous/native people would end up doing a better job
because they could **speak and comprehend** the required
language.  If we are required to "Press 1 for English", then
that is what I EXPECT to get.  If you are required to "Press 1
for Hebrew", then that's what you should get.  I'm going off on
a tangent here, because FAIK most Israelis speak English, but
I'm sure you get the jest of it and what I mean--instead of
outsourcing support to non-indigenous-speaking countries, it
should be given to the **appropriate indigenous-speaking**
people.  English is the most widely spoken language, and no, I
don't think everyone should speak English just because of that,
(NOR do I think Americans should be REQUIRED to speak SPANISH
due to the impending INVASION we are seeing), but because the
overwhelming majority of supports calls and emails are going to
be coming from America, or English-speaking people, then said
company is obligated to provide *****comprehensible
support***** for their product(s) in that language (as well as
the language from where the call or email originates).  I have
a tendency to ramble when I get tired.  LOL.
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://www.OrpheusComputing.com