-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help,bluescreen yikes

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 21:49:39 -0400

Cristy,
    I buy parts from several online retailers, but Newegg is always my first
choice.  In fact, I have three different accounts there for different
things.  They have all of my info there and I don't worry about that even
for a second at this point.  No Spam from affiliates, no other garbage, but
they do send me mailings showing their specials a couple times a week.  I
appreciate that, but you can select not to receive them when you open an
account (or anytime, for that matter).

    You can create an account without giving them any CC info.  That's only
needed if you decide to purchase something there.  An account without
purchase will still allow you to get their specials sent to you and enable
the use of what's called a Wish List.  Basically, you use the online store
to locate stuff you want and put it into your Wish List.  You can then watch
for price reductions, sales, etc. or just use it to remind you why you're
saving up your pennies.           lol

    Different types of memory have different amounts of pins that slip into
the memory slots and make contact with them.  The pins are actually nothing
more than metal contacts on the bottom of the RAM sticks.  DDR happens to
have 184 of them.  DDR2, DDR3 and other types of RAM have a different amount
of these pins.

Peace,
Gman