[opendtv] Re: STATEWIDE DTV TEST

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 10:27:18 -0500

At 11:36 AM -0800 12/21/08, John Willkie wrote:
How do you figure they will get increased localism requirements?  They can't
be added ex-post-facto, unless the Constitution has been modified without
anybody noticing.

http://www.tvnewsday.com/articles/2008/11/05/daily.3/

http://www.broadcastlawblog.com/archives/general-fcc-the-promise-of-an-obama-administration-for-broadcast-and-communications-regulation.html

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/11/obama_declares_war_on_conserva.html

It is generally assumed that Localism will be on the plate at the new FCC when three Democratic commissioners have been appointed and confirmed. And I'm not talking about the use of localism as a "back door" to silence Talk Radio. I', talking about significantly increased local programming requirements for broadcasters.