[opendtv] Re: STATEWIDE DTV TEST

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 15:43:43 -0800

Tom: "Was this one of those tests where the analog TV would display a
message?"

No, they actually shut the transmitter off, supposedly for 2 minutes at a
time and several times during the day for each station (every one of
them).  Of course, I can't imagine them actually powering down the
transmitter.  But my mother-in-law said that her picture actually went to
snow.  So perhaps they shunted the power.

My mother-in-law thought they were having problems and told my wife that
the TV stations kept breaking down.  And I even have the digital
converters hooked up to her TV.  But she still watches the analog.  She
one of those people that just has it on in the background so she must not
have heard or seen any messages before the test, if there was one.

I, too, find myself still watching the analog and only turning on the
digital tuner to see what is on 10.3 (PBS Create) or 3.3 (Universal
Sports).  Otherwise, I am lazy.  Truly, the digital won't be full time
until they all get turned off.

Dan