[opendtv] Re: STATEWIDE DTV TEST

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 19:53:53 -0500

dan -

Was this one of those tests where the analog TV would display a message?

If so, I heard on other similar tests the local cable companies foolishly passed through that analog message and thus received the lions share of the calls. Did that also happen in Nevada?

- Tom

dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Nevada Broadcasters are doing a statewide test today where they are turning off the analog transmitters for several minutes at various times during the day here in Nevada. This is some early communication I received from the Nevada Broadcastors Association about the results:

We would like to share the data that we have thus far received, and the data that we have thus far ascertained from the 6:30 AM test. 1. In a sampling of calls to the stations, receptionists indicated that most did not receive any calls, or if they did -- just a few. 2. As of 10:15 AM, the NBA office had received 8 telephone calls that have or will be referred to a station engineer. 3. ICT Group documents a total of 251 calls were received statewide. 4. It should come as no surprise that the number one concern registered on the call center was ANTENNA. 5. The number two concern registered on the call center was COUPON. We will continue to monitor and report to you. Bob Fisher and Adam Sandler