[opendtv] Re: STATEWIDE DTV TEST

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 18:42:34 -0500

Cliff Benham wrote:

> For me what all this translates to is the 'powers
> that be' want to kill all free over the air
> television broadcasting by making the signals weaker
> and less receivable so viewers will ultimately give
> up and pay money for satellite and cable
> subscriptions.

It certainly looks that way. The numbers are clear. Only the habitually
clueless fools still can't figure it out.

Unfortunately, since these VHF analog stations will flash cut to digital VHF,
there will be no chance for the reception problems to be worked out until 18
Feb. It would be far better if the VHF stations shut off their analog early,
and did some UHF-VHF digital simulcasting.