[opendtv] Re: STATEWIDE DTV TEST

  • From: Ron Economos <w6rz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 15:38:31 -0800

Here's a database of channel allotments:

http://www.rabbitears.info/ss/DTV-Channels.xls

Channel 4 will only have two digital stations post transition, but
channel 6 will have eight.

Ron

John Willkie wrote:

I remember saying that once, and being corrected by Ron E, who pointed out the figure was closer to 6 or so. One of those stations, I think, is KYES-DT, my customer's station. He's moving from 5 to 6 (indeed, is now transcoding his 6 to 22 for the time being) and has no NCE-FM issues to speak of.

    *From:* Cliff Benham <mailto:flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>

    The problem with CH A6 is that they will ultimately return from
    D64 to D6 at the
    end of the transition in ??several years.
    Right now I can only get a very bad analog CH6 with a deep fringe
    antenna 37 miles from their tower.