[opendtv] Re: STATEWIDE DTV TEST

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 02:47:35 -0500

Albert Manfredi wrote:
I didn't think you had a VHF antenna, though?
I got a deep fringe VHF to be ready for the /rest/ of the transition . The analog pictures are very noisy even though the antenna is 28 feet above ground level, and the house is 432 feat above sea level.
I'd worry too. Especially because WPVI analog, on Ch 6, is transmitting an ERP of 74.1 KW, whereas in digital, they are scheduled for 7.56 KW, on the same tower. That's a 9.9 dB reduction in power. If analog reception is very bad now, it seems dicey for digital with such a power drop.
That's my concern.