[opendtv] STATEWIDE DTV TEST

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 11:57:05 -0800

Nevada Broadcasters are doing a statewide test today where they are
turning off the analog transmitters for several minutes at various times
during the day here in Nevada.  This is some early communication I
received from the Nevada Broadcastors Association about the results:

We would like to share the data that we have thus far received, and the
data that we have thus far ascertained from the 6:30 AM test.

1.  In a sampling of calls to the stations, receptionists indicated that
most did not receive any calls, or if they did -- just a few.

2.  As of 10:15 AM, the NBA office had received 8 telephone calls that
have or will be referred to a station engineer.

3.  ICT Group documents a total of 251 calls were received statewide.

4.  It should come as no surprise that the number one concern registered
on the call center was ANTENNA.

5.  The number two concern registered on the call center was COUPON.

We will continue to monitor and report to you.

Bob Fisher and Adam Sandler