[opendtv] Re: STATEWIDE DTV TEST

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 19:20:40 -0800

By the way, while watching the test on the tv set with the ghost image, I
not only saw the message in analog via cable, but on the ghost image.

That means somebody had to do an active switch.  The message mentioned that
you needed to get your signal from satellite or phone.  I suspect that the
cable firm -- Cox -- was staffed up, and ready for the "selling
opportunity."

I didn't see the message on 8-1 (the digital channel on cable.)

John Willkie

From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> However, for the lion's share of cable customers, information on an analog
> channel won't get through.  Analog cable signals come out of digital input
> here.  I even have recent data that establishes this.

As it should be, if the cable company has any hope of continuing OTA service

to their customers.

The John whose station is participating in a similar 'test' tomorrow at 6:58

pm.