[opendtv] Re: Euro Cars

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 15:30:07 -0800

Dan: "Truth is, US car makers don't make cars that most of us want. The
Toyotas and Hondas are more expensive and out-sell. Toyota is now the
biggest auto manufacturer in the world and they don't make massive
vehicles that don't do anything like GM. "

Craig: "Have you looked at the Toyota Tundra Truck, or the Sequoia SUV, or
the Land Cruiser SUV?"

Well, I guess it is all relative.  Those are not really considered "big"
where I come from.

I would say they are good sized vehicles but these are the largest
vehicles that Toyota makes, they match up to mid-sized models from GM,
Ford and Chrysler who make even bigger ones.

And, to be honest, I am not against a big vehicle when it for a purpose.
But as I said, I'm against massive vehicles that don't do anything, e.g.
the H2 and such.  Of course, it might not be the auto makers that are the
problem but the people that buy them for vanity.

Dan