[opendtv] Re: Euro Cars

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 14:44:06 -0500

Jeep is a Chrysler (formerly a DialmlerChrysler) product, not a GM product.

Chrysler used to sell a Common Rail Diesel version of the Liberty in the US, but had to be discontinued due to the EPA Tier II emission standards. The CRD can still be sold in Europe (as the Cherokee) because the Euro 6 standards that roughly equate to our Tier II standards haven't come into effect yet.

http://4x4s-atvs.suite101.com/article.cfm/2008_jeep_cherokee

John

----- Original Message ----- From: <dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx>

I've driven European GM cars (Jeep, Opel) and the American equivalents.