[lit-ideas] Re: Superman Returns

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 20:31:20 EDT

<<outlines the four basic
ways a person  dies.>>
Can you expand on this a bit?   "ways" is a nebulous term in this context --
physiological ways?   psychological?  ???
Julie Krueger
whose Mom is in the near-end-stages  of cancer

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Superman Returns
Date: 7/3/06 8:45:04 A.M. Central Daylight Time  From: _pas@xxxxxxxxx
(mailto:pas@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 04:21 AM 7/3/2006, you wrote:
>It seems  to me Alzheimer's can be a cause of death; admittedly
>the proximate cause  would be starvation (some prefer to call it
>dehydration) and admittedly  also once someone is that weak, an
>infection that would not normally be  fatal, is.  Still, I'd be
>inclined to say Alzheimer's was a  cause.

Sherwin B. Nuland's wonderful "how we die" outlines the four basic
ways a person dies. That's it. Sounds morbid, but it's a very good  book.

[insert pithy quote here]
Paul  Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Leamington, ON.  Canada