[lit-ideas] Re: Superman Returns

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 11:44:00 -0700

Well that is encouraging, or else you are older than I thought.

It isn't a non-sequitur if as I assume, people in a dangerous situation such
as soldiering or people who are in an unpleasant industry such as morticians
joke about what would normally, i.e., by people not so employed, be
considered unpleasant and unfitting.  But it is a fact that they do.  It is
also a fact that old people (who are by definition in a dangerous situation)
joke about dementia.

It is a fact that non-soldiers and non-morticians don't think their jokes
funny or in good taste.  Non-old people don't think the jokes of old people
funny or in good taste.

QED

Lawrence

  _____