[lit-ideas] Re: Superman Returns

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 16:07:09 -0700

Robert:

I don't know if you've had anyone close to you die in this fashion, but it
is common for everyone involved to refer to the disease as Alzheimer's --
even if the doctor's call it dementia, as in my mother's case: "Dementia is
a loss of brain function. It is not a single disease. Instead, dementia
refers to a group of illnesses that involve memory, behavoir, learning, and
communicating problems. The problems are progressive, which means they
slowly get worse."  From
<http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000739.htm>
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000739.htm

Specifically, my mother had "vascular dementia (loss of brain function due
to a series of small strokes)".

Lawrence