[lit-ideas] Re: Superman Returns

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 08:48:25 -0400

Lawrence Helm wrote:

"However the only people who read the book [i.e. The Constant Gardner]
seemed to think the movie was true to the book; so why should someone
who didn?t particularly like the movie read the book?"

I said that I don't think the movie is true to the book.  As I suggested
in my conversation with Simon, I think the book is first and foremost a
love story and secondarily a thriller.  If you liked the bit of the
movie that focuses on the relationship between the husband and wife, you
should definitely read the book.  If you liked the conspiracy bit then
the book will be, in my opinion, disappointing.  The only time I said
that the movie was true to the book was with regards to the ending.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Toronto, ON