[haiku] Re: Suggestions to change double click on window title behaviour

  • From: Truls Becken <truls.becken@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 15:31:28 +0100

Sean Healy wrote:

> Nicholas Blachford wrote:
>
>> 1) No drag bars
>> - Even fairly old PC MP3 players can be moved by dragging any part of
>> their window.  The latest version of Quicktime allows the same thing.  If it
>> isn't selectable or a control, it should act as a drag bar.
>
> I would find this extremely annoying. A piece of the background shouldn't
> act as a dragger. If I moved toward a button, missed, and hit the background
> next to it, the window would move. In my opinion, not a desirable behavior.

I find the window borders in BeOS/Haiku/MacOS Classic equally
annoying. If you miss the scrollbar, you end up moving the window. I
much prefer a single pixel border, combined with snapping to screen
edge in a way that places that pixel outside the screen. This way you
can place a window to the very right, and apply Fitt's law when
accessing its vertical scrollbar.

-Truls