[haiku] Re: [GSoC]: who is willing to mentor this year?

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 08:52:48 +0100

François Vincent schrieb:
It's the first time I hear that version. And I've read a few mails from
Bryan himself on the subject, not some obscure OSNews comment he has made. I
do not doubt that Bryan moved on to Mac OS X, but I do have a problem with
automatically asserting dishonesty on Ingo's part. It's much more likely
that Ingo simply didn't read that OSNews comment and went by what Bryan has
been saying all the time before.

No, you misunderstood me. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. What I said has
nothing to do with Ingo. I have lots of respects for everybody here. I
also respect Bryan's decision to leave Haiku. I just think it would be
nice from him to leave us a message, in a way we could find someone
else to continue what he was doing.

Nevertheless, I'm sure it's not the first time I heard about "real
life issues". I'm following that java port for many years now. I
remember when his HD crashed and he have lost all his work. That for
me was a real "real life issue" ;)

Take a look here:
http://www.haikuware.com/20080912236/haiku-java-port-status-update and
http://markmail.org/message/pygwpuxw5gosc52j

Anyway, I think you'll agree with me that, if Ingo and me used to
think Bryan have those issues, that means at least we've read the same
news :)

I don't want to be rude, or offend someone, neither to start a war for
nothing. I'm just saying things could be more clear if we are honest
with each other.

Absolutely agreed. I understand though, that it's hard for people to say when they don't want to devote their time anymore. But it would sure help to to know sooner.

Best regards,
-Stephan