[haiku] Re: [GSoC]: who is willing to mentor this year?

  • From: François Vincent <batuque@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 18:28:37 +0100

> It's the first time I hear that version. And I've read a few mails from
> Bryan himself on the subject, not some obscure OSNews comment he has made. I
> do not doubt that Bryan moved on to Mac OS X, but I do have a problem with
> automatically asserting dishonesty on Ingo's part. It's much more likely
> that Ingo simply didn't read that OSNews comment and went by what Bryan has
> been saying all the time before.

No, you misunderstood me. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. What I said has
nothing to do with Ingo. I have lots of respects for everybody here. I
also respect Bryan's decision to leave Haiku. I just think it would be
nice from him to leave us a message, in a way we could find someone
else to continue what he was doing.

Nevertheless, I'm sure it's not the first time I heard about "real
life issues". I'm following that java port for many years now. I
remember when his HD crashed and he have lost all his work. That for
me was a real "real life issue" ;)

Take a look here:
http://www.haikuware.com/20080912236/haiku-java-port-status-update and
http://markmail.org/message/pygwpuxw5gosc52j

Anyway, I think you'll agree with me that, if Ingo and me used to
think Bryan have those issues, that means at least we've read the same
news :)

I don't want to be rude, or offend someone, neither to start a war for
nothing. I'm just saying things could be more clear if we are honest
with each other.

Cheers,
François Vincent