[haiku] Re: [GSoC]: who is willing to mentor this year?

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 01:47:48 -0500

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Salvatore Benedetto <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Under the assumption that Haiku will get accepted once again,
> who is willing to mentor this year?

Well I have already had some contact with a student who is interested
in the ZeroConf project that I mentored last year (which unfortunately
failed as a GSoC project.) This student has already done work with
Avahi (the GPL ZeroConf implementation) in last year's GSoC, so he has
some experience. Of course I'm not necessarily the best choice for
that project at this point, though I suppose I could learn a thing or
two about the Haiku networking code if necessary.

But to be perfectly honest I don't know if I really want to be a
mentor this year. But for now I can certainly help this student get
started with Haiku development.

> For what is worth, I am going to apply as a mentor this year.

Cool!

Regards,
Ryan