[haiku] Re: [GSoC]: who is willing to mentor this year?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:35:06 +0100 CET

Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can each of you list which projects you would be willing to mentor?

Besides the porting stuff, I would mentor everything.

Just a few remarks about the idea page:
* "Identify and fix performance bottlenecks in our app_server" is
probably not a good task for a student, besides, it's fast enough for
me :-) Maybe something like "Implement hardware cursor support in the
app_server" would be a better project.
* "Help with the CUPS port", is not a good project either. AFAIK
Ithamar is not really working on this anymore, so "Do the CUPS port"
would be better, I think.

Bye,
   Axel.