[gameprogrammer] Re: Linux for game programming

  • From: "Dave Slutzkin" <daveslutzkin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:50:22 +1000

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:36:20 -0300, "Adilson Oliveira"
<adilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> I usualy suggest to the linux newcomers to grab several different linux
> distros a try for themselves. The one you liked more, is the one you
> will use.

I like Linux.  But gee, that sounds like a whole lot of effort.  If
that's what it takes to get people using Linux, we're all in a lot of
trouble.  It's annoying enough to install one OS, let alone doing it
multiple times until you get one you like.  (Not to mention that most
people don't have the resources or patience to download multiple 100s of
megs, multiple times.)

If I was talking to a Linux newcomer, I'd recommend RedHat.  Love it or
hate it, you can get it CD from many places, it's pretty well supported,
and as a newcomer you'll get a fairly good idea of how Linux works.

Dave.
--
  Dave Slutzkin
  Melbourne, Australia