[gameprogrammer] Re: Linux for game programming

  • From: "Roger D. Vargas" <roger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Game programmer list <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:26:06 -0400

El mié, 21-07-2004 a las 12:24, Kevin Jenkins escribió:
> I would like to install Linux under VMWare and am looking for a distro I can
> use for game programming.  I want something that will install automatically,
> run the first time with all my hardware (including 3d card), and come with
Fedora Core, Mandrake, Suse, Gentoo. Currently i use Fedora Core.
> an integrated, modern, GUI ide with breakpoints, watches, and everything
> else.  I would rather not use make files either.
I think there is no way to manage medium/large projects without
makefiles. You can use kdevelop to avoid managing configure scripts by
yourself. But creating configure scripts is relatively easy, they
usually deal with the makefile creation process.

--
Roger Durañona Vargas
Linux user #180787