[gameprogrammer] Re: Linux for game programming

  • From: "Roger D. Vargas" <roger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Game programmer list <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:31:49 -0400

El mié, 21-07-2004 a las 14:10, Daniel Schlyder escribió:
> Bob Pendleton:
> > There is an NVidia driver that will give you 2D support in Linux, but not 3D
> > support.
>
> Hum. I could've sworn I got 3D acceleration after installing it. Maybe it
> depends on which card you have. (I have a GeForce 4 MX.)

Impossible. Nvidia refuses to disclose any information about card specs,
so open source drivers are far beyond propietary drivers.
ATI has a more collaborative attitude towards open source developers
(thats why i would choose if i had the chance to pay for a card).
Anyway, if are not going to change your card from Nvidia to ATI or any
other, and you require full 3d power I would reccomend using nvidia and
its propietary drivers.

--
Roger Durañona Vargas
Linux user #180787