[gameprogrammer] Re: Linux for game programming

  • From: Adilson Oliveira <adilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:55:22 -0300

Bob Pendleton wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 14:33, Kevin Jenkins wrote:
>
>>It won't install.  Rather than posting my linux install problems here, which
>>has nothing to do with game programming, is there anyone on the list I can
>>email directly?  I will probably get a series of problems before it
>>installs.
>>

> Finding and using a Linux users group is really the easiest way to get
> help. You don't have to use a local group, any group will help you. The
> Austin Linux Users Group http://austinlug.org/ is the group I belong to
> and it is a great group. You can subscribe to their mailing list by
> sending email to: alg-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx although it is one of
> several Austin, Texas Linux user groups, they welcome members from all
> over the world. They are a great bunch. If you join their list send a
> brief "Hello" message and introduce yourself and ask your questions.

Just adding to Bob's post (sorry if you desagree Bob) but do your
homework before ask. If you stuck, do a search over the docs and
internet. If after that you're still in trouble, ask. And don't forget
to include all the relevant information like what is your hardware, what
you are trying to do, what you did and any relevant error messages you got.
I don't want to be a PITA but I had to unsubscribe for the biggest linux
maling list here in Brazil because I couldn't stand the same questions
over and over which a quick search would have answered not counting the
"My sound don't work! HELP" type.

[]s

Adilson.