[gameprogrammer] Re: Linux for game programming

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:49:22 -0500

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 14:33, Kevin Jenkins wrote:
> It won't install.  Rather than posting my linux install problems here, which
> has nothing to do with game programming, is there anyone on the list I can
> email directly?  I will probably get a series of problems before it
> installs.

Finding and using a Linux users group is really the easiest way to get
help. You don't have to use a local group, any group will help you. The
Austin Linux Users Group http://austinlug.org/ is the group I belong to
and it is a great group. You can subscribe to their mailing list by
sending email to: alg-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx although it is one of
several Austin, Texas Linux user groups, they welcome members from all
over the world. They are a great bunch. If you join their list send a
brief "Hello" message and introduce yourself and ask your questions.

                Bob Pendleton

+ email: Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             +
+ blog:  www.Stonewolf.net             +
+ web:   www.GameProgrammer.com        +