[argyllcms] Re: FWA Compensation

  • From: Vladimir Gajic <vgajic67@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:20:49 +0100

Hello Graeme,

I finally managed to make a few mesurements of a Heaven 42 -Paper
(it´s some kind of a ´reference´ when it comes to the FWA-content). I
performed all illumread-steps exactly as described in your
doumentation, and the results seem very logical to me. I plotted every
measurement including all intermediate steps, whitout noticing any
technical problems or false measurements. Three measurements confirmed
the consistency of the results.

My next step would be now to calculate a Heaven 42 ICC-profile using
-i<calculated.sp> -f. So far, so good. What is not quite clear to me,
ist the output profile for my proofer. There I use a paper wich has a
very small amount of FWA. Should I:

- Calculate a "default" ICC-profile using D50 or
- Calculate a ICC-profile using my calculated illuminant? Should in
that cas the -f swich be used too?

Thank´s in advance for your help.

Regards
Vladimir