[argyllcms] FWA Compensation

  • From: Vladimir Gajic <vgajic67@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 14:47:54 +0100

Hello@all

Currently I´m struggling with the fwa-compensation in argyll, and it
seems that I have a lack of understanding how the procedure works. If
I understood right, there are two major steps to be taken:

1. Creating a custom illuminant .sp-file (illumread) using the
procedure Graeme described in the docs
2. Using the calculated illuminant in colprof, in conjunction with -f

So far so good. My results are better then calculating a profile
without fwa-compensation.

Now I´m using spec2cie in order to create XYZ and Lab -data. When I
specify -i file.sp I´m getting a fwa content from about 1.09, wich
corresponds to the value I get in colprof. Specifying -I file.sp
results in fwa content from 1.43. Therefore I would be gratefull if
someone can light me up ;)

Regards
--
Vladimir Gajic