[argyllcms] Re: FWA Compensation

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 09:14:41 +1100

Vladimir Gajic wrote:

> thank's for the hint. If I correctly understood, the -i option is to be used
> in spec2cie than.

Yes,

> In wich case the -I make sense, or does it make no sense at all when using
> standard types of
> measurement devices?

Ignore it. Assume it doesn't exist.

[I think Gerhard added it to allow for the possibility of an instrument that
isn't
 currently supported by Argyll, that has a different type of illuminant - such
as
 the the spectroscan, which uses Xenon type illuminant.]

> My question finally: does it make sense to use illumread and the fwa
> compensation in this
> context, measuring the fwa content under the new lightning conditions?

Yes, it's intended exactly for this sort of situation. You'll have to tell me
how successful
it is in dealing with it :-)