[argyllcms] Re: FWA Compensation

  • From: "Alan Goldhammer" <agoldhammer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 07:49:06 -0500

I'm not so sure this is the case.  Most of us who have experimented with
lots of different types of papers have settled on those with no OBAs or
those having minimal amounts.  There is a lot of data on print permanence
between different papers and you can clearly see the paper white change with
papers having large amounts of OBA which leads to premature yellowing.  The
only papers I use that have any OBA content are Ilford Gold Fiber Silk (I
have not tested the new version from the company following it's reemergence
after bankruptcy and that paper may be somewhat different) and Hahnemuhle
Photo Rag Ultrasmooth.  I did not do anything other than the normal Argyll
profiling since one really doesn't have much control if any over where and
how prints will be displayed.  I've got a bunch of prints hanging in various
office building under wildly different lighting conditions and any attempt
to correct for this through profiling would be a fool's errand on my part.

Just my opinion.

Alan