[argyllcms] Re: FWA Compensation

  • From: Vladimir Gajic <vgajic67@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:19:16 +0100

Hello Graeme,

thank's for the hint. If I correctly understood, the -i option is to be used in
spec2cie than. In wich case the -I make sense, or does it make no sense at all
when using standard types of measurement devices?

One more question about the new ISO viewing conditions concerning the latest
light sources containing UV:

Currently I proof under FOGRA39 standard conditions, wich means that I'm using
a proofing substrate without FWA. Most prints made under ISO 12647-2 condition,
but on papers containing FWA, turn very bluish under the new light sources.
That means that I either have to change my proofing substrate, or a
modification of the characterization data has to be made in order to achieve a
similar visual impression. Both ways are not realy what I want to do. Anyway,
in a closed proofing workflow the second way would be prefered.

My question finally: does it make sense to use illumread and the fwa
compensation in this context, measuring the fwa content under the new lightning
conditions?

Regards
Vladimir