[argyllcms] Re: Direct matching between two displays

  • From: Ivan Tsyba <ivantsyba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:13:59 +0200

2012/2/14 Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I'm not quite sure what you mean. The typical gamma target is for an
> ideal system that has a zero black. Real systems aren't like this, so
> simply scaling and offsetting the curve for the real black raises
> the level, which can lead to a poor match against something with
> the same gamma and a lower black level. By making the 50%
> point match the ideal system, then the overall contrast
> and look will be consistent with the ideal system target,
> irrespective of the actual black level.

So, offsetted to the real display black level ideal curve, is used as
target for all input levels except near 50% , where original ideal curve
used instead? And this helpful in my case, because displays have different
black levels?

I try raise black level of one display only by the LUT manipulation. That
new black level will be used for target curve offsetting or only initial
display black level?