[arachne] Re: INFO NEEDED FOR POSSIBLE FUTURE DOS/ARACHNESUPPORT

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 07:52:46 +0930

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 17:00:54 -0500 (EST), Sam Ewalt wrote:

>>    So what would you call putting Arachne's internet speed up to the limit
>> of your connection ?
>> Minor tweaks ???    I don't think so !

> You could call it a major tweak, if you like. I'd say it just
> brings her up to speed. It certainly doesn't add any functionality
> that didn't exist previously--it just speeds her up.

Let us not get bogged down in semantics. The fact is that Arachne has
come a long way since I started using it back in version 1.71. Maybe no
new functionality has been added but what is there is working better
and better with each upgrade.

    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
        "Desiderata", Max Ehrmann, copyright 1952.

   ,-./\
  /     \ From Greg Mayman, in beautiful Adelaide, South Australia
  \_,-*_/   "Queen City of The South"  35d 01'44"S  138d 32'13"E