[arachne] Re: INFO NEEDED FOR POSSIBLE FUTURE DOS/ARACHNESUPPORT

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 08:39:08 +0930

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 14:16:35 +100, Bastiaan Edelman wrote:

> Why is every one fixing on rrogramming in C?

Probably because it is a convenient programming language that is well
documented and well supported.

> The end-result must be code that can used in a DOS environnement.

True.

> I see no reason why programming in other languages can not be done and
> so more programmers are among us.

Also true.

> Most of us dinosaurs should have some experience with BASIC... some
> things can be done in HTML or DOS-batch files.

HTML and batch files are interpretive languages and are inefficient in
their use of memory. But they work well for small jobs.

Some versions of BASIC can be compiled into tight and efficient code,
but it is often not as convenient as other languages that are written
specifically for compiling.

    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
        "Desiderata", Max Ehrmann, copyright 1952.

   ,-./\
  /     \ From Greg Mayman, in beautiful Adelaide, South Australia
  \_,-*_/   "Queen City of The South"  35d 01'44"S  138d 32'13"E