[arachne] Re: INFO NEEDED FOR POSSIBLE FUTURE DOS/ARACHNESUPPORT

  • From: Glenn Gilbreath Jr. <wizard57m@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 15:19:50 -0600

Eric,
Yep, I read your post re: backups...I also remember one of the earlier posts
from Greg M about using diskettes for backup,
Reinstalling, etc.  It seems to me the shear number of diskettes required to
install a modern operating system precludes their being the media of choice.  I
also have several old CDs, you know, DOS games and such needing minimum of 2X
CD drive...not a single read error.

But with diskettes it seems anything over a dozen uses or so and the drive
can't read sector one.  Probably "cheap" diskettes...but that's been my
experience.

Wiz

Glenn Gilbreath Jr.
Wizard57M