[arachne] Re: INFO NEEDED FOR POSSIBLE FUTURE DOS/ARACHNESUPPORT

  • From: "Brian C. Murphy" <BCMURPHY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "INTERNET:arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 01:09:23 -0500

On 12 December 2008 Eric Said: "Hi Greg M. "I find that sometimes after
burning a CD that it appears blank and the CD/DVD drive has to be
reinitialized.  Sometimes just opening and closing the tray fixes it ...
other times a reboot is required.  I assume it has something to do with the
driver."  "IT HAPPENS WITH BOTH MY DOS 486 COMPUTER " etc.
If  I understand you correctly your are burning CD's with DOS software at
times.  Am I missing something, or do you have DOS software that can
actually successfully burn CD's?  I Know Glenn MCC had develope a procedure
that came close to burning CD's from DOS.  If someone on this list has the
complete procedure and it really works, you could do the rest of us a great
service by fully documenting what you do how and making the documentation
available on the Arachne List.
Brian Murphy:  BCMURPHY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx