[arachne] Re: INFO NEEDED FOR POSSIBLE FUTURE DOS/ARACHNESUPPORT

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 09:04:30 +0930

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 05:01:38 -0800, Eric S. Emerson wrote:

> Gregy,
>         I have never had to use a cleaner
> disk on any drive.  Are you using R/W disks ??
> You can only erase a R/W disk as far as I know.

Yes, I was aware of that, and they are RW disks. But the inability to
erase them is only a side effect.

The really big problem is the inability to read any of the data that
should have been recorded on them.

Possibly the burner drive is a bit weak in its burning action and the
data isn't being written properly, but that is hard to check.

As I said, one day when I have the time I'll take it to someone I know
who can check it all out for me.

    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
        "Desiderata", Max Ehrmann, copyright 1952.

   ,-./\
  /     \ From Greg Mayman, in beautiful Adelaide, South Australia
  \_,-*_/   "Queen City of The South"  35d 01'44"S  138d 32'13"E